Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) are now the norm for potential customers to find your business online.
But what are SEO and SEM?
SEO is the "organic" method of ranking your website content in search engines. You basically optimize the content on your website so search engines favourite it when listing search results for queries people make through sites like Google, Bing, etc.
Being successful with SEO takes lots of work, patience, and great content. In the early days, search engines could be tricked through spamming backlinks (where other sites link to your page) to your site. This is no longer the case.
SEO success is now dependent on:
- How much domain authority your site has on the internet (how popular it as for traffic and if people use it as a reference to link to on their site)
- Using keywords (search terms) on your content that you want to rank for
- Strong backlinks from high domain authority websites to the content you want to rank
- Whether the content serves the person who is searching the keyword. Does it answer the question and in a great way? Search engines now look for quality answers, not just filling content with keywords.
SEM is the quicker way to rank higher on search engine result pages (SERPs) through paid advertising that will boost targeted traffic to your website. When individuals perform searches for items that include certain phrases, an SEM strategy will increase the chance of your relevant page showing in the search results.
Why do you need great SEO/SEM?
Simply, having great SEO/SEM will mean that your customers have the best chance of seeing your brand in the weeds of the internet.
How can Thumbmuffin Help?
How we can help you with achieving your SEO/SEM goals:
- Referring Domain Reports: If a web page has a backlink from a website, then it has one referring domain. We will create a report, which will inform you of all domains that refer to your website domain.
- Content Creation: We can advise on the types of content and topics you should create to support your SEO/SEM goals. We can also create the content for you, or some clients will write the draft and we can review and make it read best for SEO/SEM purposes.
- Blog Management: Yes, blogs are still a thing. People are increasingly wanting video, but blogs still get great traffic, if the content is great. We can help with managing the blog posts, graphics and content planning to form place your customers will wait for the next post to drop.
- Webpage Optimization: This is the method for making search engines love your website. Having a well optimized website can even mean that you don't need to buy ads. There are many factors which affect webpage optimization (AMA, 2022). Search engines figure out, through testing key optimization attributes to see how your site performs. The following are key ways to optimize your website:
- User experience, especially speed and time they spend on your site
- Content marketing
- Webpage code/backend
- Conversion rate optimization
- Site Audit
- Backlinks Overview
SEO and SEM can be overwhelming, so let us worry about that stuff for you and come up with a plan.
Get in touch with us to find out how SEO & SEM can transform your business.